What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored in your device’s storage and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your device.
If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. Learn how to remove or block cookies in your browser
Cookies are either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: For Performance and site visitor Security maxgoldhouse.com uses the CloudFlare Content Delivery Network. An anonymous session cookie ( __cfduid ) is set to uniquely identify visitors.In certain situations where visitors are connecting via a shared wifi network with a shared IP address this uniquely identifying cookie is used to maintain private sessions. If this cookie is blocked your browsing experience may be sub optimum when you are sharing IP address. The CloudFlare cookie is deleted when your session ends.
- Performance cookies: We use Google Analytics to help us monitor the performance of maxgoldhouse.com websites These cookies (_ga, _gid) enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular. The cookies from Google Analytics are anonymised. If you decide to block these cookies the website will function normally.
- Functionality cookies: For the English language website www.maxgoldhouse.com we set a cookie ( gbpeur )containing an exchange rate value EUR to GBP to show approximate GBP values for property prices. If you block this cookie you may not see prices in GBP. This cookie contains no information about you.